In my sonnet, "Special Girl, Just For You" I wanted to write about something that guys and girls would do or feel in the same situation. My sonnet was a bit unclear and was jumpy, but some lines you may not have understood were "just like you are my chicken and curry" and "you wont need to worry about your heart". Just like you are my chicken and curry can mean two things depending on how the reader interprets it. It could mean that you are my compliment like peanut butter and jelly. The other way to interpret it is that you were meant for me cause we match or have a good vibe like chicken and curry go together and taste good. You wont need to worry about your heart is meant to say that you don’t need to worry about me hurting your feelings.
When I was writing my sonnet I wasn’t really thinking of a particular girl. I was just thinking about what I would do when I found that special girl. If you have strong feelings for a person everybody would want to treat their lover right. I tried to make the poem sound as if it's really romantic and seem as if the reader would do these things too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is really good, and I enjoyed reading it through. I also think that it was good of you to put in meaningful rhymes instead of just last minute "I need rhymes" words.
Your analysis is a little short, but you get in a couple good explanations. It would probably make it better if you elaborate on things like why your sonnet flowed the way that it did, or something.
You could also give the sonnet more of a twist instead of following up on the original idea of the poem. Explaining that would make it a lot better.
Overall, very good sonnet
Your analysis is good so far, but maybe you could add a little to it. You only "analyzed" the two lines that you thought the reader would be confused about, but you should say what your thoughts were as you were writing the sonnet. Tell us what was going on "behind the scenes" when you were writing it, and the deeper meaning behind the lines. Also, rather than saying your sonnet could be confusing to some people, you should say that it could be perceived in many different ways. Your sonnet is really great, but you should add more to the analysis. Overall, good job!
Post a Comment