When you live your life and make decisions do you think about something before you start it? Like a value you follow or a saying you like to use? I personally live my life and make my decisions based off of an experience I had. I'll tell you what I run my life on but it wont be that long. Besides, I'm not going to tell you my whole goddamn autobiography or anything.
When I was ten and going into my second year of football I was looked upon as a returnee. Since all the older guys moved up from our division the returnees were now the new starters, if they earned it. My first year I played I was a practice dummy and I was put into the MPR group. The MRP group is a when the players needed to play in the game for at least four plays. The thought of getting my first chance to start was exciting and I looked forward to when football started again.
My first year I hadn't really been taught how to play football I was just a practice dummy. But this year they made us try out for different positions. I tried out for running back, receiver, quarterback and safety. After the coaches chose me to play quarterback and cornerback. I couldn’t really throw that far so I was a running quarterback. Most of my and I teammates were the same size that year so corner was a good position for me cause I would be as big as the receivers.
One day my coaches were making the other quarterback practice throwing and they asked me to practice too. Being immature and stubborn at the time I asked why. It was like lighting a match under their feet! They started to yell at me and ask me questions like "Do you know how to throw like a pro now?" And "Since when were you too good to practice?" I was speechless and all I could do was go over there and practice. I said.
"Sorry Coach Keli`i"
"Chad your not a bad guy you know, its just you got to try more and not make excuses. In life your going to try new things and when you do you have to give a hundred percent. That’s the only way you'll be successful in life."
"Yes Coach"
This practice was one of the two practices I remember from the years of playing at Manoa. Ever since that practice I always try to give my best efforts in whatever I do. I really take sports seriously so I always give my best efforts in sports and I try to give my best efforts in school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment